View Single Post
Old 03-24-22, 10:42 AM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by njkayaker
The warning isn't red. The 1030+ generally tries to give you rerouting options (which makes it clear you are off course). The 1030 does something similar (but not quite as well). I would think the 830 does the same thing. (The firmware of the 1030+ and the 830 are very similar). The problem I have is that the devices don't figure out that you are back on courses as quickly as they should (I think they used to be faster).

No. Garmin doesn't provide the hooks for that.
I just have the regular 1030, not the plus. I do know for sure the "warning" banner was along the bottom of the screen and it was red. At least on the original firmware that came with the device purchased very early in 2019. I never upgrade FW on a working device; however, I bought a Varia 515 and it required FW update. It is possible the off course warning is now different. I have only done two brevets since upgrading and cannot recall going off course. I have disabled rerouting because as a randonneur, you have to take the prescribed route.

The climb screen popup is very, very annoying. I don't want it at all. This seems to only have showed up since my FW upgrade. I don't know. Is there a way to exterminate it? I already have the relevant information on my screen, % incline and power. All these new screens probably explain less battery life. Any tips getting rid of the climbing stuff, cuesheet, and other garbage when I load a file on a ride? Is this the file or the device? Sorry for the dumb question, I have no idea.