Old 09-21-22, 07:13 AM
Crankycrank

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 836 Post(s)
Liked 1,061 Times in 745 Posts
Originally Posted by papaki72
I had also a look at the Speedplays and Time pedals, but especially Speedplays are more expensive. How much time does it takes for one to get used to clipless pedals?
Most people adapt fairly quickly but it does take a little practice and something you should do for your first attempts on some grass or a soft surface as tipping over at a full stop is one of the most common problems as you try to get a feel for releasing your feet from the pedals. I'll say about Speedplays that they are the only pedals that I can use as they have the free float meaning you can twist your feet a fair amount without any resistance before they release from the pedals. It helps the riders with knees that get sore from being clamped in without enough side to side movement. Something most people don't have an issue with and most mfrs have an optional cleat that gives slightly more movement but something to consider if you find you have sore knees from your new clipless pedals and getting older tends to cause more knee problems.
Likes For Crankycrank: