Old 11-10-22, 04:02 PM
whistleblower

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks all for the thoughts and will readily admit a bicycle is not exactly the best *surprise* gift given the variables. A couple quick responses

Originally Posted by DonkeyShow
Ask what she likes/wants and buy that one.
She's going to say "I saw a nice looking white one at Costco for $200" and then I'm going to say "but I think if we spend more we'll get a higher quality bike" and then she's going to rattle off every child expense we are facing between now and college graduation in support of purchasing the Costco bike

Originally Posted by veganbikes
And after the standard blah blah blah, GO TO YOUR LOCAL SHOP! Seriously guessing is great for the Price is Right but a bike someone is going to ride not so good
I appreciate your response and know this is the logical approach. I was hoping to tickle out a "if I was spending $1000 on a bike, this is what I'd buy" answer. Gives me ideas, websites to visit, specs to compare, etc.

Originally Posted by Fredo76
Consider the Stagger models in the FX line for her, and not because she's female, but because swinging her leg over the saddle with a child seat on might be awkward.
This is a good thought.

EDIT - I tried to post links to a couple of bikes I'm looking at on BikesDirect but cannot post links until I hit 10 posts. Using the Trek FX as baseline, I was wondering if there is value to be unlocked by purchasing through the bikesdirect site. The FX3 goes for $1,050 these days, fwiw.