Old 06-22-22, 11:06 PM
rifraf

Bikes: Surly Ogre, Extrawheel Trailer

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
I bought the Revolution for the waterproofing. My first USB charger was an AXA Luxx 70 Plus headlight that also had a USB charger built in. But the waterproofing on that was mostly non-existant. I wanted something better for my tour in Iceland where it rains fairly often.

Some powerbanks work as a pass through cache battery, so do not. On this forum several years ago someone commented that most of the ones designed to work with solar power systems will operate in pass through mode (can be charged and charge a device simultaneously), and he specifically named Voltaic as a brand. I bought their V44 (that model is discontinued) and am quite happy with it. At 44 watt hours of capacity, it has several days of capacity. They make larger and smaller ones. But I am not sure if they are sold where you are. It is big enough that it goes in my handlebar bag.
Thanks for the battery tip.
I’ll be sure to explore the Voltaic offerings now I’m aware of them.

On another note I spotted that the makers of your Revolution, have come up with an updated version called the Reactor https://www.joe-bike.com/product/sin...arger-1423.htm
which at first glance appears to address slow speed charging