Old 08-11-22, 03:25 PM
cxwrench

Bikes: lots

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1958 Post(s)
Liked 2,932 Times in 1,489 Posts
Originally Posted by Hypno Toad
I've been riding with disc brakes for nearly 20 years, I'm very familiar with re-aligning calibers. But here's my rub (see what I did there ) my 2021 Bianchi Infinito is my first bike thru axle bike and I thought the joy of a thru axle was the rotor/caliber would always be aligned. However, after a bike cleaning, the caliber is rubbing the rotor on the outside. The rotor is true, and I've removed the wheel, recleaned dropouts, and reinstalled ... still out of alignment.

I'll re-align the calibers later today, no big deal, but I just didn't expect I'd need to do this with a thru axle ... did I have unrealistic expectations?

For reference, the bike has 2,500 miles on it
20 years and you haven't realized they're CALIPERS, not calibers? If your caliper is indeed rubbing on the rotor your brake is wayyyyy out of adjustment. You sure it's not just the pad? The wheel will go into the bike exactly the same every time so there's something else happening here. Either the brake is getting set up incorrectly or it's not tight. Neither is possible for me to see through the internet. Also this is a mechanical question and should be posted in the proper section, not here in GS.