View Single Post
Old 10-31-22, 05:28 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,094 Times in 5,053 Posts
I have terrible ankles and it's one of the reasons I turned to biking in the first place. The only time I ever had problems with my ankle on the bike was a short-lived experiment with toe clips. The small amount of resistance on the upstroke really hurt after repetition. Now I ride strictly on platforms as I'm not willing to try any kind of binding.

No idea if this is relevant to the op, but you were asking for our experience. If you're clipping in, you could try riding platforms for a bit and see if it at least stops getting worse.

BTW, there's a world of difference between posts like yours that say "I'm seeing a doctor, but..." and people who post for advice instead of seeing a doctor. There's no reason for you to have been nasty about telling the latter to go get medical advice. I don't appreciate the namecalling and being told to "eat it" for having told other people not to look for bicyclists to give them advice about chest pains and the like. There's frequently people who post about things that could be symptoms of very serious problems so I think humoring such people is probably the direct opposite of "helpful." Spare us the inevitable "that you would see yourself in my insult says more about..." because telling those people to get medical attention is the most appropriate thing to do.