View Single Post
Old 11-02-22, 12:43 PM
phughes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 1,290 Times in 743 Posts
Originally Posted by rosefarts
Before the ****** patrol answers, yes, I have a doctors appointment. So eat that unhelpful ****posters.

So, I have lateral ankle pain. Unilaterally only. It’s been a mild annoyance for over a year now. It’s really been bugging a lot for the last few weeks. So it’s definitely getting worse. A compression brace seems to provide enough relief that I can mostly do whatever I want until the appointment, but it really isn’t getting better.

No injury or crash that would cause this, recently or in the past.

It has the hallmarks of an overuse injury but it’s hard to pinpoint a cause. So I’m basically asking if anyone has ever hurt their ankle from cycling. At this point, I’m just trying to eliminate variables.
Just a thought. Are you pedaling toes down? If so you may benefit from lowering your seat a touch, and on your clipless pedals moving your cleats back a touch, if they aren't already back a ways. I had ankle pain with my seat up higher and pedaling toes down, albeit my pain was the achilles. I am just thinking that there may be added stress on the ankle supporting itself whilst pedaling toes down with the foot further back on the pedals.