Old 12-27-17, 11:14 AM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7628 Post(s)
Liked 3,448 Times in 1,822 Posts
Originally Posted by Emperor Ryker
There's also increased endurance, and even if it was just going 0.5 mph faster, I find it more interesting because then I know they're doing everything they can. It's also more fair that way.
You do not seem to understand.

First of all ... they are Always doing all they can do, dope or no dope. No one is coasting through a professional bike race. It's not like the guys who doped worked harder ... they just had artificially high limits, particularly later in the race, because they could recover more quickly,.

By your "logic," anyone not using a motor is lazy. So ... I assume you'd rather watch motorcycle racing?

Second, "level playing field" would mean everybody had access to the same drugs, and the same level of expertise and medical care.

As it clearly states a few posts above, some teams had "good" drug programs and some were more haphazard.

If you had done any research, you would have learned that some teams (U.S. Postal, for instance) had a really sophisticated doping program run by the team, while on some teams, riders were expected to get their own drugs and administer them as best they could according to whatever knowledge or information, or locker-room rumors they might have heard.

If Lance had been on a small team and Ullrich on U.S. Postal, we might never have heard of LA except through Livestrong, and Ullrich might have had seven meaningless yellow jerseys in frames hung on his wall.