View Single Post
Old 03-09-21, 02:02 PM
DangerousDanR

Bikes: Time Scylon, Lynskey R350, Ritchey Breakaway, Ritchey Double Switchback, Lynskey Ridgeline, ICAN Fatbike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked 546 Times in 306 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
The original Pro One TLE seemed to have a reputation for being fast and supple, but also for being a little fragile, which is why I avoided them. The pricing on them is pretty fantastic right now, though, and you might do okay if even one of out 4 meets a premature end.

In general, though, it's getting harder to find sale prices on good TL tires - discounts are neither as deep nor as common as they were pre-covid.
Sadly for me it was 3 out of four that failed with under 500 miles on them due to what looked to be glass cuts. With one I saw the glass on the road but couldn't do anything about it. I do put a lot of the blame for this on the inability of university students to put beer bottles in the bin, but I have had a better experience with the Conti's.

I generally buy tires 4 at a time for my road bikes, and right now I have found a couple of web vendors who have them for around $50 with shipping included for 4 tires.
Likes For DangerousDanR: