View Single Post
Old 01-23-11, 07:41 PM
mudboy

Bikes: Ruckelshaus Randonneur, Specialized Allez (early 90's, steel), Ruckelshaus Path Bomber currently being built

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Wow, that's awesome. Almost awesome enough to make me consider riding a 'bent. Almost.

Finished frame 2 this week. It was a bit of an experiment in design, I wanted to build a 650b shopping/gravel path bike, but I also wanted to be able to run 700c wheels if I didn't like 650b. Geometry ended up at 73 parallel (though the seat tube looks slacker due to the sloping TT), 45mm rake for something like 56mm trail, 68mm BB drop (frame 1 was 75mm), and 417mm chainstays. They were supposed to be 425mm but I f*cked up. Anyway, pics with wheels and headset installed:

650x42mm:

700x28:

Of course, I'd need to use different brake calipers when I do the wheel swap, but I have the SRAM Apex calipers that came with my new group, and I bought a set of Tektro long reach for use with 650b.

I trimmed the seat tube, shaped the seat lug, and cut the slot over the weekend. I've got some minor cleanup to do with cloth and file, and then it's off to Fresh Frame for a coat of gunmetal grey metallic paint.

Complete album.

Pete