View Single Post
Old 03-20-21, 09:00 AM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4205 Post(s)
Liked 3,863 Times in 2,311 Posts
I was going to mention exactly where the bosses might end up at, perhaps overlapping w/ the crown. But I am not sure of the actual locations having not yet built a frame w/ these brakes, so I'm not sure. Once again this is when a measurement is worth all of our opinions, WRT boss locations.

The other aspect of 753 that I am unsure about, w/ the current versions, is the heat treating and the brazing temps not playing nice. Back when 753 was first introduced Reynolds claimed using brass as a filler would anneal the tubes and thus weaken the joint area. IIRC this was addressed somewhat with later editions. Silver had been "required" as the filler by Reynolds. Silver is somewhat more dependent on joint fit up and prep then brass so who ever does the work needs to be proper in their methods. Andy