Old 05-23-21, 09:56 AM
debade

Bikes: Trek Domane, Trek 2120, Trek 520, Schwinn Voyager step through

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked 109 Times in 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Aussie_Cyclist
I've been hesitant about buying an eBike because I didn't want to spend Australian dollars $6000 and upwards for a bike I wasn't really sure I was committed to having, but I didn't want to buy some cheap one that would cause me no end of problem either. There's a lot of piranhas out there... phew!

After months of researching and trying out many eBikes at my local bike stores I finally made a decision and today bought the Merida eSpresso 300SE EQ (504Wh) (I'll post a picture of my actual bike later) In my LBS it's marketed as the Merida eSPRESSO 300SE EQ 2021, being this year's model. It includes a lifetime warranty on the frame and 2 years warranty (with an extended 3 years supplied free from my LBS) on the parts.

The big appeal is the internal cable routing and all of the components are made by Shimano including the motor rather than a hodge podge of parts from different sources.

I really like the mid-drive over the rear hub as it feels quite natural to ride. I just got it home (it's getting late here) and I put my Brooks B17 saddle on it ready to go to work tomorrow.
I looked to see if Merida was available in USA. It appears they are not but they have some type of relationship with Specialized which prohibits their sale in USA. Did your research suggest a similar bike sold by Specialized that I could compare in the USA?