View Single Post
Old 01-28-21, 08:04 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4361 Post(s)
Liked 4,002 Times in 2,671 Posts
Originally Posted by davei1980
The specs I list are what the complete version of the Kona Honzo ESD come with.

I think I want to stick to the offset number; I don't want to "add slack" to an already very slack frame.

As far as travel goes, just wondering if I find a good deal on, say, a used Lyric or 36 Performance with more or less travel than I need, if I can change that by changing the air springs.

I did a little research and it doesn't look like I can take, say, a Rhythm series Fox fork, and change it to a Factory fork by changing out the internals. It just doesn't seem to work that way but please correct me if I am wrong.
I like it, a steel HT sounds like fun.

Unfortunately they don't list max fork for the frame but it looks like they do use a 150mm which is a pretty big fork for a HT.

Get the factory fork if you really want the factory fork. Trying to change out parts here and there is just not a sensible idea. Again you won't save money double buying parts. If you do have that specific bike and parts selection I wouldn't feel a huge need to upgrade the fork the Bomber Z1 is a good solid fork and I believe Marzocchi is now owned by the same folks who own Fox. What are you looking for specifically in the fork that say the Bomber Z1 couldn't give you?