Old 10-17-21, 07:17 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3152 Post(s)
Liked 1,717 Times in 1,036 Posts
Originally Posted by wclarkin
I would prefer that it holds four or five, but if that’s not reasonably possible then I could settle with a rack that holds three bikes since I can fit one in my back seat. What’s most important is that it is something I can easily take off and put back on. I will probably be getting a different car in the next couple years, so I’ve had trouble justifying the expense of installing a hitch I can’t keep when I sell the car.
If that’s the case, and if easy on/off includes being able to do it single-handedly, then the SeaSucker Bomber 3-bike ($600) is worth a look.

I love my SeaSucker Talon single carrier for its ease of use and versatility, though it does require more thought than most other rack systems. What I mean, for example, is that I’ve got to remember to load the trunk before mounting the bike, because I mount the rear wheel on the trunk lid, preventing it opening when the bike is clamped down. Sure, I could loosen the fork mount and let the bike pivot when the trunk is opened, but the bike weight doesn’t allow the trunk to stay open without assistance, so it’s all rather fussy, and the best solution for me has been to stick to an order of operations.

Here’s a pic of the 3 Bomber using the same mounting I use:

Likes For chaadster: