Old 01-01-19, 09:23 AM
Aquamach

Bikes: Raleigh Record 410, Giant Contend 3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Happy New Years!

Happy New Year! At 59 years of age, I’ve recently felt the desire to delve a bit deeper into biking. One of my most cherished Christmas presents as a kid was a Sears single speed banana seat bike. It wasn’t so much the bike that I prized but rather the adventure and freedom it seemed to provide. I went everywhere on it. Would love to know how many miles I put on it. Wonder today still, whatever happened to it.

That said, a few years back, I acquired a Raleigh Record 410 Road Bike. Still have it. Got it cheap but it’s way too big for me. Seat is slammed down and I’m pretty stretched out on it. Interestingly, it doesn’t seem to bother me. I’ve ridden up to forty miles on it without too much problem. The thing is a tank though and really not geared for the area that I wish to ride in. Live in the Tulsa Ok area and we have some very nice bike trails here for which I could better enjoy with a bit better bike sized appropriately for me. As such, I’ve been scouring the web for an entry level road/endurance bike and settled on a Giant Contend 3. I almost pulled the trigger on a Specialized Allez, but it was a tad more and I felt like the Giant would be better suited for my needs and desires.

Anyway, look forward to the time I will spend here experiencing and sharing in the atmosphere. Sorry for the long into. Never can seem to keep it short.

John