Old 05-28-20, 11:03 AM
Koyote

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6963 Post(s)
Liked 10,961 Times in 4,687 Posts
Originally Posted by Metieval
I am willing to pay more for imports if it means more jobs for Americans!
If you are willing to pay more for imports, how does that mean "more jobs for Americans"? You'd still be buying imports, but would be paying a tax to the US federal gov't.

but... apparently... the consummers don't mind paying the tariffs, and are buying bikes.
Okay, so you state that consumers "don't mind paying the tariffs." Tariffs only apply to imported goods. So, again: how does this create "more jobs for Americans"?

America first, if you don't have jobs you don't have money to spend.
Umm, okay, but you've argued that the tariffs are not dissuading you and other consumers from buying imported goods. Imported goods don't create jobs for Americans.

Yep, I am glad that I have a job in the USA and can afford to pay 20% more for a bicycle with parts from China. Albeit, frames from Taiwan are higher quality, and I love my Japaneses components.
You realize that China, Taiwan, and Japan are all foreign countries, and those goods you are buying are, ahem, not produced by US workers?

And if you really cared about creating jobs in the US, you would buy Zipp wheels (which are made in Indiana) instead of Light bicycle rims (which are made in China.) But you told us that you wouldn't do that.

Last edited by Koyote; 05-28-20 at 11:08 AM.