yaw
should be more popular

Bikes: 22 Emonda

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked 167 Times in 84 Posts
Originally Posted by I3en
Bolt v2 (I think… got it last year, has the color screen) with up to date firmware automatically connects with the radar on the RTL 515. I’ll have the bolt on and turn on the radar as I head out the door and the radar strip pops right up. Also battery life on the Varia has been surprisingly good - I’ve forgotten to charge it between (multiple) rides logging at least ~8hrs on the strobe mode and it still hasn’t died on me.

Do you have multiple Bluetooth devices connected to the Bolt? I’ve had issues with it not wanting to recognize a HR monitor such that I’d have to reconnect it every time (delete and re-add the device, very annoying). Maybe something like that going on, otherwise I have no other hunches as to what’s happening in your predicament.
Yeah we have the same Bolt, but I still need to flick to the main menu to get the strip to show. I have the smaller RVR315 version without the tail light and that has a worse battery life than yours. I do have a Polar H10 and DuoTrap S (cadence/speed) connected alongside, but never had issues with pairing dropping out but I don't use these with other devices either. Sometimes if you share them across devices (say Bolt and your phone) it will mess things up and require manual reconnecting.