Old 09-28-22, 04:19 PM
aliasfox

Bikes: Lynskey R270 Disc, Bianchi Vigorelli

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked 156 Times in 131 Posts
Originally Posted by metropical
I am a dude, but what makes you think it's too small? I bought it from a 6' friend. He road it for a couple years. I'm 6'. I'm riding it 10 at least.
I just think aging and saddle change is mucking it up. But I had to change the saddle to protect my bony ass and junk. But I'd think this is still a usable bike for me.
It's not like I'm doing 100mi/day.
That bike looks like a 56cm. Even if you were younger and more flexible, a 56cm with relatively racy geometry would feel a bit aggressive. Example: I'm 5'10", and I'm quite comfortable on a 55cm Bianchi and a M/L with a 55.7cm top tube. An extra two inches and I'd probably want to look at a 57cm or 58cm.

A more angled stem would be a good place to start. I would nix the Amazon route, actually, and go straight to an LBS that will let you try out stems they have in stock. With all the different bar-clamp sizes out there, I'd be frustrated buying and returning different stems until I found the one with the right clamp, length, and angle. A good shop ought to have a few different options on-hand.