View Single Post
Old 11-26-22, 06:49 PM
seedsbelize2

Bikes: 79 Trek 930 is back on the road, 80 Trek 414, 84 Schwinn Letour Luxe,87 Schwinn Prelude, 92 Schwinn Paramount PDG 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3196 Post(s)
Liked 1,844 Times in 1,163 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
Wife has been pretty down lately. Can’t remember if I posted this or not, but we finally met with the doctor who is doing her C section last week. She hasn’t seen her doctor once in 8 months, weird. So he asked us when we wanted to schedule. She would be 39 weeks Jan 1st. We wanted Dec 30th or Dec 31st. 2 reasons: A. We have met the deductible for the year for our insurance, B. Taxes would be nice C. I was off.

Nope. He said absolutely no way he can do that. A. They absolutely will not allow a C section before 39 weeks unless it’s health related. Apparently costing me 3,000 more dollars isn’t a health issue. I Jest.

B. The 31st and First are a holiday, so they won’t schedule anything on a holiday. (Ummmm, This doesn’t sit well with me. I have to fly people from point A to point B on holidays, but surgeons get the day off). With as much money as our health care system cost this seems ridiculous. I’m not trying to be offensive, so If I offended someone sorry, this is just how I feel.

C. The earliest they can schedule her C section is Jan 4, due to the above. Apparently the holiday extends til the 3rd. This is causing her to be super stressed out. Jan 4th is 4 days before her actual due date, she is super worried she will go into labor and have to have an emergency C section, I won’t get back home until the 3rd, so if this does happen before then I won’t be able to help.

I’m trying to stay passive in this. I mean there is nothing we can do, but my wife is really upset over the situation.
I'm sorry to read this. I wish you well.