SkinGriz
Live not by lies.

Bikes: BigBox bikes.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 860 Post(s)
Liked 784 Times in 582 Posts
Originally Posted by slowpacer
There are bike paths all over Griffith Park, it's a huge park. I live close by and that's where i ride. There are so many cyclists who ride road bikes, hybrids and mountain bikes on these paths, so you'll be fine with the bike you already have.

That said, getting to Griffith Park paths and returning from them safetly using your bike could be a challenge because of insane traffic and dangerous and careless drivers, that's why insurance companies charge higher rates in these areas. I am currently recovering from a fractured hip being hit by a car from behind while coming back from a ride. That was a few weeks ago and the lane i was riding on is a couple hundred yards from my home which has big colored bicycle signs drawn all over on the asphalt. I have been riding in this area for years but recently i don't even feel safe driving here.

After recovery, i plan on driving to a safe place away from trafic and ride there. I don't want to discourage you and hardly ever post in these forums, i just want to inform you to be careful and don't think you are safe just because there are signs for cyclists all over the place.
I think Griffith park is the largest park within a metro area in the world.