View Single Post
Old 12-04-21, 08:45 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,995 Times in 2,666 Posts
Originally Posted by Maelochs
@veganbikes .... sorry but that is crap. If you don't think BD bikes are a huge step up from big-box bikes, you know nothing about bikes.

Also .... BD bikes cover the range from old 7-speed to the latest 11-speed. As for pricing ..... try to get the same bike for less and if you can, it is a better bargain. Great. Up until Covid hit, BD had better prices for equivalent bikes. I don't shop for bikes lately, and I am not sure whether you can buy any bikes for any price, let alone advertised prices (we have all seen MSRP and then dealer-added surcharges.)

I assume anyone smart enough to bother engaging on BF is smart enough to examine all the options and pick the ones which suit him/her best. I suggest checking out BD for people who want more substance and less style.
I was talking about this bike in particular not BD bikes in general. I would re-read what I wrote it might help explain or clarify at least. If you are saying a freewheelin' tourney equipped bike is huge steps up from Wally-Mart you know nothing about bikes to quote you back. It is small steps and if someone held a gun to my head and said Huffy or Fauxtobecane cafe yada yada I would pick the Fauxtobecane of course.