View Single Post
Old 12-06-21, 09:34 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10965 Post(s)
Liked 7,491 Times in 4,189 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
I have said it was above big box stores just not that much. It is whatever.

Some companies still have the same heritage or at least have been together the entire time doing similar things, what the name Motobecane is at this point was just bought as a name not as a company. Granted yes Silca is in a similar boat but they are generally making decent quality stuff along the same vein and still offering rebuild parts for the old stuff. Josh Poertner was a Silca fan-boy for a while from various interviews I read back in the day when they came out. It wasn't just hey we need to make fake sale bikes but we need a name it was hey I really love this brand a lot and want to continue it.

Nishiki has long gone down the toilet aren't they basically a house brand for tricky Dick's sporting goods? Diamondback has their foot in both worlds but I think they are owned by Alta in the US same as Raleigh USA which is no longer the Raleigh of Nottingham and Alta may not be as ideal. PON owns Dorel which owns Cannondale so that is a little messy but in the end they still make a lot of the same stuff it seems like and no more crackandfail at least not as bad...
That was a lot of effort to try to justify and differentiate your scorn for one brand from your lack of scorn for many other brands in the same general position.