Old 06-06-22, 06:06 PM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4243 Post(s)
Liked 2,953 Times in 1,811 Posts
Kids, man. Last year, my daughter was getting near the point where I could see her outgrowing her 24" bike soon, so I bought her a 49x51 cm frameset to build her up her first road bike. Bought it a bit big for her so she could grow into it a bit. Then, health stuff got in the way (got hit by a car, had to get some bone tumors removed from my leg, etc.), and I was like, "oh well, it's big for her no rush." Over the year she shot up and is now 5'5 or 5'6 (11 years old, starting middle school this year), and I was starting to build the bike up, but though, "hmm, better check it's not too small before I put the time in to build it up." And wouldn't you know it, it's already too small. Looks like I should be looking in the 54 cm range for a frame. Something cheap (and used) because she's not really into riding, but I was hoping something light and fast that made a lot less effort than her front suspension 24" mtb would at least encourage her a little bit when we go for family rides as it wouldn't be such a boat anchor.
Likes For himespau: