Old 11-20-22, 04:50 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by big john
I have stomach issues sometimes and I have to be careful with the space food. I can tolerate one Clif bar, maybe one gel. Can't eat sugar based candy while riding but I can eat a Payday. I'm fine with Perpetuem or Heed but iffy on Cytomax.

I do best with regular food. Bananas, sandwiches, muffins, granola bars, etc. Last Saturday we did 70+ miles with 5900 feet of climbs. We stopped in the middle and I had a chicken kabob with pita bread and hummus. It was delicious and my stomach was fine for the climbs after that.

We used to do long climbing rides and stop with 25ish miles left and get a bowl of chili. On a cold day it was great. Too bad that cafe burned down.
Yeah, I'll do some gels chews once in a blue moon, but I prefer regular food, too. I just don't see the value - monetarily or in terms of performance - in sport-specific snacks (drinking some kind of electrolytes is a different story, though). That said, I usually snack - I rarely have the desire to consume anything approaching a meal-sized quantity of food mid-ride, unless it's a pretty casual ride.

Last edited by WhyFi; 11-21-22 at 02:05 PM.
Likes For WhyFi: