Old 05-26-23, 08:43 PM
AJW2W11E

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 110 Times in 50 Posts
Originally Posted by andrewclaus
Here we all are, preaching to the saved. We've found the Fountain of Youth, and nobody believes us.

My anecdote: The other day a friend asked how, at a relatively young 66, I can do all the work see regularly sees me do. I'm retired, but I maintain six houses (rentals), volunteer building sets at a theater (carrying lots of 3/4" OSB @ 85 pounds), and volunteer on various trail crews doing a lot of rock work. She watched me replace the entire floor in a 900 sf house last winter, a lot of stoop labor and lifting. My answer--bicycling. There was one decade, in my 40s, when I wasn't able to cycle regularly, and I felt my fitness level slipping. I got back on the bike in my 50s and I'm still going strong. Ir hear the comment above about 60s vs 80s, and I'm starting to feel that coming.
Amen to that. I've been very lucky and last year I painted my whole house.On top of that I've always done our car repairs. Adjusted my valves, replaced a timing chain. I hope to continue to be able to do that.
The only thing I won't do is replace my roof. The pitch is too steep. I'm glad I ride my bike everyday and do some light weight lifting.