Old 03-10-24, 07:38 AM
Kabuki12

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 2,296 Times in 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by cody
There is/was a Stan Johnson making custom bicycles in the 80s-2000s in Oxnard & Santa Barbara, CA. Used to run his own bike shop in 80s and then transitioned to just frame making. Today at our LBS we we're wondering if he's still around. He was a grownup when I was a kid so he should be in his 70s now, at least.
Stan was / is a friend of mine . He is still around and , last time I talked to him , into mountain biking. He still has his jig but no longer builds frames(hasn’t for many years). He works part time at a bike shop in Bozeman Montana. It has been a couple of years since I talked to him but he is doing well and sounded great. I used to go by his shop , bought a few bikes from him , and helped him by sharpening his cutting tools. I bought my first light weight bike from him in the seventies ….still have it. I am 69 and he is a few years older than me , so , yes he is in his seventies. Your time line is off as he closed his bike shop way earlier than 2000 and started it in the late seventies, maybe 1976 or so. Joe
Likes For Kabuki12: