View Single Post
Old 09-28-22, 04:43 PM
LarrySellerz

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2700 Post(s)
Liked 486 Times in 351 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
If it's going to be a close enough pass of a cyclist on either side to warrant concern, announce it and then what's obnoxious about it?
I just can't figure out how you decide what is or isn't obnoxious, your etiquette meter seems to be wired backwards.
I would only pass someone on the right if I knew who they were and know they wouldn't care. Generally I don't think you should have to announce yourself; if the pass is close enough that it warrants an announcement then you probably shouldn't be making that pass and you certainly shouldn't be doing it from the unexpected side (the right.) That being said when I ride with other people I tend to say "inside" or "on your right" more than "on your left" specifically because being on the inside/to the right is kind of unexpected and unusual.

I was commenting on terry because he seems to be a letter of the law type when talking about a scooter dudes top speed (lol!) so I find it interesting that he would ever pass another cyclist on the right. He can pass the cars however he wants I dont care.