burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by KPREN
Just catching up after being gone a week riding my E bicycle along the Erie Canal.
I do not see this as a straw man argument at all. The message in this thread is clear. There are a bunch of cyclists in this thread that look down their noses at me because I ride an E bicycle exclusively and do not share their view that a bicycle is primarily a piece of exercise equipment. In fact, I look at an E bicycle as just the opposite. Yeah, I know it "does not apply" to me but I get the clear message that it does from this thread.
Today I went out and rode my cadence sensed E bicycle with the dropper post all the way down while ghost pedaling. For you casual observers: "I was an ignorant newbie" instead of a guy using his E bicycle to loosen up stiff joints after working under a piece of machinery. With the saddle all the way down and no pedal pressure, I can roll my hips, knees and ankles through a wide range of motion. On a regular bike I would be cramping in a couple of miles. Instead, I could walk normal without stiffness and pain after two miles.
That's quite the victim mentality. There's been a lot of posters in this topic advocating for e-bikes for commuters, exercise, rehabilitation, touring.

You're reading what you want to read.

What's more, these topics bleed out from the subforums like "e-bikes" or "recumbents" in the general topics. Where manual input diamond frame bikes dominate the chat. You cannot reasonably expect the outcome to be 100% supportive instead of 80/20 or even 50/50. If that's what you seek, there are entire chat forums and sub-forums for it where the support will be closer to 100%.

Kind of like a bike racer shouldn't jump into a fitness/touring/leisure topic and expect to receive 100% support.
Likes For burnthesheep: