View Single Post
Old 03-14-10, 09:44 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Local Time Trial

Still feeling rough from the cold I have but today was the Local Cycle Clubs Time trial. Except for the national champs and a few international races- we are not allowed to have races on the roads in the UK. Time Trials are different as they are not a race- so they are allowed.

So 9 am and Ross and I started the 5 miles out to the start. Most of you know that I go down to the coast to get in some hills on my rides- but North of us are the short sharp slopes that make up the backroads. Just hope the TT was taking part on better roads than we travelled with Potholes- Green moss down the middle of the road- Streams running off the fields and across the roads and plenty of gravel on the bends.

.Route outt.jpg

Got to the race and time to meet and talk to a couple of the riders I know. Max is the mechanic at my LBS and he has several TT bikes. For this one he had just got his basic version. The roads are rough and round twisty bendy lanes- and he is like several of us and carrying a few injuries that stop him from training right now. So his bike for today was a TCR2 with TT bars and light but strong wheels.

Max monster.jpgStuarts Giant.jpg

The Blue Giant belongs to Ross's Workmate Stuart and is new for this year.

Couple of pics of Bikes in the Car Park but the one that caught my eye was the Quintana Roo. Never heard of it before and when I saw the yellow one I thought it was disgusting. All I could see were Mud streaks all over it. Perhaps it was that sun that fooled me as what I was seeing was the weave in the CF lay up. Having never seen one before- I turned round and there was another one. The Solan most of you would recognise and seems common place. It was here but I thought I had better snap it.

.Solan.jpgOzzie Bike.jpgName tags.jpg.

There will be more photos taken on the Time trial but only some at the start- the finish and at the Hill climb that was around 5 miles in. These lads do know how to torture themselves.

Could have said that about Ross and myself. Those short sharp rises I said was on the route out- only 200 yards I suppose in length--but 15 to 20% on them and in the 5 miles out and 5 miles back- over 1800 ft of climbing done. Think I have found a new training route

Spike Milligan