Old 05-20-16, 03:08 PM
winston63 

Bikes: Specialized Diverge E5 Comp, Specialized AWOL Comp, Scott Solace 10

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 20 Posts
At least from my googling, it appears that Toronto has some pretty good resources to assist cyclists in situations like yours. Here's one hit I got: How to claim insurance | I Bike Toronto

I've extracted an excerpt below that might be helpful:

"If an insurance agent is uncooperative there are ways to put on the pressure. You can first ask to speak to a supervisor or case manager. If this doesn't help, in Ontario you can ask to speak with the Consumer Complaint Officer (use exact phrase) which will let them know that you know what's going on. The CCO must respond in writing within 48 hours to your complaint. Then if you aren't happy with the CCO response you can speak to the ombudsman of the Financial Services Commission of Ontario, or even directly with the FSCO for arbitration or mediation. This is when it gets really serious and the FSCO can audit the agent or even the entire company."

There are also plenty of legal firms that offer free consultation. You also might contact Cycle Toronto https://www.cycleto.ca/ and ask if they can direct you to appropriate legal resources.

Best of luck with this!