Old 05-20-16, 05:44 PM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2338 Post(s)
Liked 2,822 Times in 1,541 Posts
Originally Posted by FullGas
my atty's fee is contingency-based. he receives 33.3% of the settlement amount for medical-related issues (which includes pain/suffering). he is providing assistance in the property-damage claim, but takes nothing from the amount negotiated.

in most cases, the ins company is much more concerned about the medical portion of a claim (which can be quite expensive) than whatever property damages resulted. your leverage is to not sign off on the medical release until you get a fair amount for your property.

if there are no injuries involved, a lawyer will likely not want to spend time on a relatively minor property damage claim.

in that case, a small-claims court is probably the next available option.

the annoying part of the whole process is that I've spent tens of hours getting estimates, medical treatments, filling out countless forms, being without my bike, and generally being stressed out for weeks while the driver who hit me has not experienced one minute of inconvenience.
If you are pursuing legal action you should not be posting anything, anywhere on the web about it...... look at the stick at the start of the forum