Old 05-04-19, 04:41 AM
01 CAt Man Do

Bikes: Mountain bike & Hybrid tour bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Continued from last post;

Damn, I hate when I order something from Amazon and they end up sending it to me via UPS. Yeah, they sent me an email advising me they were going to do this but unfortunately I didn't get the email in time in order to arrange for a more timely drop-off. For some unknown reason my Samsung 9 email app isn't able to sync with my primary email address all the time. Sometimes it works some times it doesn't. Anyway, UPS drivers are renown for bringing me stuff I ordered and then chosing not to leave it. This means I won't get the Thudbuster till Monday or Tues., depending on where I want them to deliver the package. I hate when stuff like this happens. Oh well, maybe I might be able to pry the shim from my old USE suspension seat post out of my old MTB and screw around with that....then pray like hell that it doesn't rain all day ( which it is suppose to ).

On a side note; When I was riding the Conduit just the other night I think I finally came to the realization that I need the extra light ( lamp ) that I have on my other road bike. That lamp ( Gemini Duo with wireless remote ) I always used for momentary "high beam" duties. With the extra speed of the ebike being a factor, I'd really like to have use of that lamp ( and wireless remote ) again. Problem is the handlebars on the Conduit already has something mounted in the spot where I had the bar extension mounted on the other bike. The computer control module for the motor sits right in the middle of the bars. I have my cell phone holder mounted right behind it but mounted on the stem. A bar extension would do the trick but not sure it would work on the ebike because the bars are slightly like the riser bars on my MTB. Because of that I'm not sure there is enough room to mount the extension ( with the control module being in the way )..

I'm going to hate doing this but I'm going to take the extension off my other bike ( ) just to see if it will mount and sit straight on the Conduit. If it works I suppose I can buy another extension. There is of course another option. I could mount the lamp to my helmet. That would work fine but then I have to mount the 2-cell battery on the helmet which I really don't like to do. Decisions...

Last edited by 01 CAt Man Do; 05-04-19 at 04:45 AM.