No matches

Bikes: two wheeled ones

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1398 Post(s)
Liked 444 Times in 250 Posts
Originally Posted by carpediemracing
Heal well. Don't push it.

I read somewhere that when people screw things up they have an idea they're screwing things up. This was related to work (car stuff). I mentioned it to one of the techs I respect. He agreed wholeheartedly. "Yep! My last engine, I was tightening a blank-blank, and I felt a little something, and I thought, no, it can't be, so I just finished building it. It blew the first time I got heavy into boost. I took it apart. Sure enough, the blank-blank had failed. And I KNEW I'd screwed it up but I was too impatient and sent it." (Note: the last engine was a 450hp turbo Civic engine).
I was literally thinking about this yesterday. I was running conduit over the weekend for a new gas fireplace I'm installing, and I had to put conduit straps into my brick. So I had a container of screws and anchors out with me. I set it down on top of a bucket, not very level because it was in the flowerbed, and not very stable because it didn't quite fit. I thought as I was putting it there "this is a bad place for this, I have to sort of step over it, it's unstable, I'm definitely going to knock this over and spend 5 minutes picking screws up out of the mulch".

I put it there anyway. I knocked it over 30 seconds later. There's some mulch mixed into the container now.
Likes For Flatballer: