Old 10-05-21, 09:40 PM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by wktmeow
That sucks, that was a big oopsie by the Facebook ops folks. Funny enough I'm planning to interview for their production engineering team in a couple months.

Your post reminds me that I need to finally finish my project civic that I bought a few years ago. Never really set aside the time to do it all right, and haven't prioritized it lately. It's a 1990 with a b18 swap. I've gone most of the way through the head gasket replacement, just need to finish putting it together, seeing if I screwed anything up, and set the timing. Garage is currently a huge mess due to being a temporary kitchen during our remodel though, sigh. Just want to get it running again so i can sell it at a loss
Oh a San Diego Civic.... implies rust free. I keep thinking "I should buy another car so I can drive a fun car in the winter too", as the Suburban isn't really a fun car per se.

I do admit I toss the Suburban around (RWD). Driving to/from TTown, basically 5 hours each way, I'd disable traction control in any hard cornering, not really critical kind of situations, so maybe turning onto a road and accelerating (so if there's some wheel spin no biggie) or a slower 90 deg turn (if the rear steps out a bit no big deal). I did that very close to the house, setting up for a nice 100 deg turn, and the Missus says "What is that you keep doing?" "Disabling traction control." "Oooh. I was wondering what that was over there. " (It's on the left side of the dash.) I dream of lowering it, putting a bigger sway bar out back, but probably not going to happen. And the big dream is to boost that engine. hahaha. yeah.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson