Kaben

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Baby Puke
These: VP-R73T - VP Components

Seriously.
Thanks babypuke - these look great - just managed to find a set that come with pedals straps and cleats for £99. Got next day delivery so hopefully they will be here before my sprint league event tomorrow evening. I know what they say about not changing anything on race day, but i think having straps will be better than riding without. Im super paranoid of pulling out now after i saw someone else do it. That said i have my ultegra pedals cranked to max retention strength and they take alot of effort to unclip from so they would probably have been fine.

Originally Posted by taras0000
Discontinued. I've been spending the last 2 months scouring the internet for some. Can't even get a pair in North America.
Taras - try brooks cycles in the UK, thats hwo i just purchased from and i think they have a few left.

Im assuming that if you use straps on pedals, pedal float doesnt matter anymore? The straps must eliminate float? Am i right in that assumption?

Originally Posted by topflightpro

The gloves are absolute garbage. They fit horribly. The material does not stretch at all. I do NOT recommend.
I really really like the FOX Racing Ascent glove. Its a full goat leather palm and ridiculously grippy with great feel. The leather is very thin and has a small amount of stretch but the back of the hand is fully lycra and very comfortable. It feels as close to riding without gloves as i have ever experienced. So far they have stood up very well given the lightness of the construction.
You can find lots of different colours and the models are mostly the same apart from colour across the past few model years. i picked up some red 2016 ones at a big discount and they are identical to my mates 2018 ones in everything except colour.