View Single Post
Old 06-18-21, 04:39 PM
stephr1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 37 Posts
Looking for replacement shifters.....

Hope everyone is doing OK. Here in CA (West Coast, SF Bay Area, specifically where we've edged close to triple digits recently pretty much most of the COVID19 Protocol restrictions have been lifted. Have to see where that leads us

Been pretty much lurking (and an occasional snark here and there but now seeking some insight.

I have an older (1998/99) Specialized Hardrock MTB. The bike's in pretty good shape, given it's age and miles. Some time ago (10 yrs.?!!?) I replaced the original twist shifters with Shimano SL-40 series trigger shifters. On my ride this morning the spring in the rear shifter apparently snapped (verified it a while ago) and looks like I have to replace this shifter set. This model is no longer available (seen some in used condition) and am looking to buy a new set.

The system is a 3x7 and the *only* shifters I've found in my searches so far are the SRAM x.3 and Shimano SL-M310/315 (comes in 7 and 8 speed). Any recommendations on either of these or other thoughts for a reasonable solution?

Thanks in advance....cheers...