View Single Post
Old 12-14-21, 11:47 PM
Dylansbob 
2k miles from the midwest

Bikes: ~'75 Colin Laing, '80s Schwinn SuperSport 650b, ex-Backroads ti project...

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Liked 931 Times in 446 Posts
Originally Posted by Russ Roth
https://www.poseidonbike.com/product...cross-frameset
They call it a tracklocross but the geometry is slacker then a real cross bike and it'll run a 40c tire in 700c so probably a stronger gravel than cross bike.
FYI, just got one and having issues with the fork. There isn't any shaping on the inner leg for the rotor, so clearance is super tight. Safety-wise, there needs to be a few mm and there isn't. I suspect that a wavy rotor would actually touch, an out-of-true one definately would. Looks like a design/production flaw to me. I stole the Kona P2 from another of my bikes for now.

That being said, it's looking like a perfect 650b fixed gear machine. I started out with some 650bx38, planning to run fenders and have a nice high bb. Just for fun, I installed some light 2.0 crosscountry tires and it looks awesome. tire clearance is a solid 4-5mm with the wheel in the middle.of the dropouts.

Oh yeah, at least on the new black ones the seatstay bridge isn't drilled. It's now a simple tube instead of the little cast number on the silver ones. Probably welded higher too.