TheKillerPenguin
Nonsense

Bikes: Affirmative

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 880 Post(s)
Liked 541 Times in 237 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
I've no reason to abide perfectly to that rule, but on mine I pulled the extensions back and have tried riding gripping with my two smallest fingers instead of using all 4 fingers. That gains you back 1.5". If you see a bump coming, slide back the other fingers for the bump. Then move back.

Sure, if you're already doing that then there's not that 1.5" to gain. But, if you're not.......there's something.

Kind of like stacked hands. You wouldn't ride stacked hands over railroad tracks either, you'd move to a safer grip for that 10 seconds then move back.

I'm not sure my fingers are strong enough, but I've considered doing some mods to a cheap used bar-end shifter for grins and giggles to see if you could gain an inch back.
Yep I've already got it setup this way, the main issue is my wingspan is pretty large for my height and I'm also right on the 190cm morphological height limit, so an official could prob go either way depending on how nice he/she is feeling that day. Playing it safe means I am already kinda shifting with the palm of my hand or pinkies.