bill nyecycles

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 789 Post(s)
Liked 350 Times in 190 Posts
Originally Posted by trailangel
Now that's a novel idea.....
Originally Posted by noglider
I don't know why you want to make this change. It ain't broke.
You know how you go and buy that classic 1956 Ford pickup truck because even though it still runs, it's a little beat down and has some older parts, but with a facelift and some TLC it could be a badass hotrod machine? I mean, it certainly would be cheaper to leave it rusty, with the old bubbly white-walls, and that clunky engine that knocks, and dashboard gauges that kinda work, but are also just kinda ugly.
So you put some new wheels on it, replace the steering wheel, cherry out the dash, wire in new LED gauges & a stereo, drop a new engine in to make it roar like a beast. It's still the same, old, low-end truck in it's bones, but you've changed some stuff to make it even better and increased it's attractiveness by 150%.

It's kinda like how i went and bought a 1999 entry level bike from a renowned brand for $100 with the intention of making modest updates & upgrades to remove old or ugly parts that serve no function for my taste or riding, and replace them with newer shiny parts to help it become a bad ass road ripper.