Old 05-26-21, 07:53 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Ok, this is definitely a solid hobby of mine. I'll never be some super powerful stud but would like to continue to grow and learn.

I cannot afford tunnel time. I'm a cat 4/5 nobody that just happens to be kind of quick. But, the aero sensors have apparently gotten good enough now that legit folks are using them in the field.

I'm looking at the Notio for $600. I've spent more on a single wheel before. I also figure I might be able to post up on the local FB group and loan it out time to time for some pocket money.

Any strong opinions in the group on this at the moment? The industry folks (ones not selling sensors but other aero equipment) from Aerocoach and others over on Slowtwitch are coming around to thinking it's a viable solution for folks still smart enough to use one.

I'm just tired of all the Excel work with virtual elevation. I'm not into "real time" visual of CdA but simply faster post-work analysis. I feel I can do/try more things if I owned the sensor.

I "might" be able to squeeze 10w more on power by next year. But adding a 10w aero gain from somewhere would be awesome also.