Old 06-22-21, 08:29 AM
ksryder

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1281 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by Kabuki12
My wife and I have a few cats and they are our family. My daughter is grown up and on her own so for fathers day I got coffee in bed and a cat on my lap, Yoda I think. We have an older orange kitty that has seniority on the rest of the pride and he is about 18 and has diabetes so Lynne has to give him a shot twice a day . He is holding his own. The longest we have had a cat live is 22 years so parting ways at some point happens.....IT AIN"T EASY. We were evacuated during the Thomas Fire a few years ago so we had five cats in our motorhome and that was no picnic. They normally get along somewhat but the excitement and then new surroundings just made things crazy . I was so glad that our home survived so I could get them back in their familiar place. They are constantly amused by my bikes but they haven't really done anything to them . Once I had a bike on the stand and one of the cats reached up and tried to grab a spoke and when the wheel spun it started a game with him , we laughed as he almost would get his paw stuck but knew exactly when to pull back!
I'm glad you and the cats made it through the fires! I can sympathize with the diabetes kitty, we had a senior cat that we had to give chemo pills (and other medicine) for the last 3-4 years of her life. But she still lived to be 18 and it wasn't even the cancer that killed her, it was basically old age (kidneys). She was such a little trooper. Never gave the money or effort a second thought; she was still living a good quality of life up until she wasn't.
Likes For ksryder: