View Single Post
Old 07-10-21, 11:47 AM
Kri

Bikes: Giant Contend 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Hi veganbikes and thanks for the reply. However, allow me to get couple of points added that I did not list earlier.
- I know people that wash their bikes almost after every ride (could be 4-5 times a week at least) and nothing similar has occurred although they do not own the model I am referring to in the post above.
- If water can enter the hub even once, damage is going to be done anyway. So I doubt the issue is washing it way too often.
- I did plenty of rides on salted roads this winter, therefore I had to do really thorough cleaning up until March, after that I was cleaning it occasionally because the roads were dry.
- I store my bike in an A/C environment, humidity is no issue here.
- I mentioned above that a customer bought a giant bike in January of 2021 and his hub rusted even quicker, the dealership told me that his wheel was of a much higher quality compared to mine.
- I have shared the problem with peers of mine, our common idea is that the hub is badly designed and it is prone to storing water.
- I have never ever used a power jet to clean my bike.

Originally Posted by Gresp15C
Is it possible that a production run of hubs got out the door without lubrication?
I should perhaps ask this, I don't know the info.

Last edited by Kri; 07-10-21 at 11:49 AM. Reason: quote