View Single Post
Old 02-27-22, 06:55 AM
TennBent

Bikes: BMC Roadmachine, Obed Baseline

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 22 Posts
Another quick report: Yesterday, I decided it was time to climb again and did the Road to Sky route. While my legs felt better at the start than they have lately, I waited until the start line of the Alpe to choose my strategy. I felt that they were too tired to put in a hard effort, especially since I wanted to do some more riding after. Therefore, I told myself to just settle in and shoot for somewhere around my previous time; don't push it. I never got really winded or anything. I just slogged up the mountain. Imagine my surprise when I took about a minute off my best time! I never felt that I was working that hard and I was flabbergasted as I approached the summit.

Even better was the follow up. I rode back down to the bottom to somewhat loosen up my legs. Then I did a lap of Watopia's Waistband. Even though I had just climbed the Alpe and my legs were really tired, I still managed to average one of my highest speeds around the course.

Of course, this is all anecdotal and nowhere near scientific but I do still feel that the HMB is helping. I'm taking 1 gram per day on normal days and 1.5 grams on riding days. Even though they state that 1 gram is the daily dose, I may increase it a bit when I finish the capsules and start on the powder, just to see what happens.