Old 06-13-21, 06:53 PM
GregP74

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Hello! New old guy here.

Hello everyone!

So here's the scoop. I recently bought a bike for the first time in 30 years. I'm a little out of shape (ok a lot) and lot out of the biking world.

My neighborhood isn't very conducive to riding. There's some big hills. Also some busy streets but there are ways to weave amongst them. I went down to the local bike shop to see what they had that would fit me. I told the guy who was helping me I wasn't interested in those fancy shmancy new fangled ebikes. I wanted to stick with a good old fashioned Greg powered bike. My initial plan was to spend a few hundred bucks on a bike and toss it in the back of the Mazda and go visit one of the nearby bike paths when I wanted to ride. I tried a couple out and went home to think about what I wanted before I jumped into anything.

On the way home though I started thinking about those ebikes I had shunned. If one of those could actually help me up these hills I'd probably be riding around here a heck of a lot more than I would be if I had to toss the bike in the car (or on a rack) any time I wanted to go for a ride. So yeah. I ended up adding another zero to the cost of the bike I was buying, but I'm now the proud owner of a new Specialized Como Turbo 3.0 low step model. (I thought the low step one would be good I've got a leg that's sometimes stiff and it might be easier to get on. Part of the reason I wanted to start riding a bike again.)

So that's where I'm at. I've put about 90 miles on the bike so far. I'm starting off with little rides but working my way up. Of course the day after I got the bike the temp got up to 90 and it's been at least that every day since then. I think mother nature is mad at me.

Anyway, I'm sure I'm going to have all kinds of questions for you folks. I'm already planning on getting a rack to put on the Mazda so I can take this thing to some of the bike paths we've got nearby.