Old 02-07-22, 08:35 PM
texbazII

Bikes: 2001 Litespeed Ultimate, 1997 Ibis Szazbo, 2021 Lynskey R300/Di2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 14 Posts
Any updates.

I just spent a few weeks chasing a click that slowly began and was developing into a louder click.
All began when I started climbing out of the saddle for just short distances,I could hear it but, when I would sit back down it went away.

Began the hunt by pulling seat post (Ti) and cleaning putting a super thin layer of lube on it, inspecting seat post clamp putting a tad bit of lube on the collar and reinstalled. pulling saddle, lubing rails. Next removed handle bar (alum), stem (Ti) inspected again ultra lite lubed, lubed bolts reinstalled everything torqued. checked thru axles again very light lube on threads reassembled. Rode bike for another two weeks the click was still their.

Next removed chain inspected,cleaned,lubed,(muc off) reinstalled. Rode for another few rides click still present, Now this is a NEW bike also, so it was kinda hard for me too think its the bottom bracket but it could be so, I ordered the shimano FC-TL37 bottom bracket tool and a new bbr60.

In the meantime I decided I'll check one more item that I can before I remove the crank assy. I just set my torque wrench on the highest value for the small chain ring attach bolts,even though I couldn't back them up properly (I realized these are just bolts going into threaded inserts) they still caught and torqued up.( the first one I came to was loose)
Took it for a ride, no more click, quiet. hallelujah! for now...Ive put about 80 miles since the re-torque of the bolts still good to go. super quiet.

When the click first started I thought it was mainly due to me standing, but as it progressively became louder I noticed I could induce the click when my left foot was about even with the front wheels axle whether sitting or standing by just laying down some force. Maybe you could start trying the process of elimination takes very little, you can learn a lot for very little investment. Good Luck.

Last edited by texbazII; 02-10-22 at 10:40 PM.