Old 02-23-19, 08:09 PM
Deal4Fuji
minimalist cyclist

Bikes: yes please

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1120 Post(s)
Liked 1,648 Times in 947 Posts
Like most of you, multiple reasons. I need the endorphin buzz of exercise and always have + I have an irregular heartbeat and regular exercise seems to keep it more steady. I love the outdoors and cannot stay inside too long w/o feeling the need to be outside. Luckily I live where I can ride year-round. I love bikes, especially older bikes with horizontal top tubes and chrome fittings. I have a bad case of personification and feel attachments to inanimate objects like bikes I've had experiences with. It makes it hard to get rid of any of them, so in a way bikes are like family. I also get shoppers high from getting a really good deal and luckily I can be just as happy with entry level gas pipe bikes as a grail bike with an historic pedigree. I enjoy bringing old bikes that have been neglected for years back to life with cleaning and new parts where necessary. I love the quietness of a well maintained bike purring along at a good pace with hardly any noise which leads to uninterrupted time to think.

As far as the ride itself I enjoy the demanding club ride that pushes me harder than I normally push myself because I know that does me the most good for exercise, but I wouldn't enjoy that all the time. My most enjoyable rides are solo or with a friend or family member at a steady pace, talking and taking in nature.

Last edited by Deal4Fuji; 02-23-19 at 08:19 PM.