Old 03-18-19, 05:23 PM
eja_ bottecchia

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1020 Post(s)
Liked 462 Times in 292 Posts
Originally Posted by badger1
Good points.

Since my Summer from Hell last year, which included a severe lower-leg DVT, I'm now on Fragmin (low dose) for life, probably. Took a bit to get used to self-injecting daily, but piece of cake now.

Fragmin rather than Rat Poison etc. because at the same time I had a major subdural bleed that required surgery. Upshot: another of those would probably kill me, especially if I was on traditional anticoagulants, so Fragmin, which has a short life, for me.

The upshot: life is normal, but I have MedicAlert and now carry a phone and always -- always -- wear a helmet when riding.
When I told my first cardiologist about my concerns with Effient he told me not to worry about it. When I asked how long post stent placement I would have to take Effient he told me for “the rest of your life.”

After I suffered the subdural hematoma I dropped my first cardio and went with a doctor that has a stellar reputation.

He told that I was right to be concerned about all the effects of Effient and he stopped its use for me.

I am a happy and healthy rider and I no longer worry about bleeding to death on the side of the road following a minor crash.