Old 07-21-20, 09:36 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4559 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
I've gotten good wear from the Giro Zero CS gloves after more than a year of a lot of use. A frayed hem that I could have stopped if I wasn't so lazy and caught the loose thread earlier. But nothing serious. The hi-vis yellow wrist faded to white, which suits me anyway. I'm surprised they lasted this long. They seemed flimsy when I bought 'em for half price at the LBS -- I forget if it was a demo, or because nobody really likes hi-vis yellow anything. They'll probably last another year.

Ditto, Bontrager RXL. Little or no padding, just a tough material on the contact surface. Really durable. The full finger RXL Thermal gloves were great, too bad they discontinued them. Maybe too well made and nobody needed replacements. Mine are going on five years of regular wear, including some sliding falls with minimal abrasion to the palm.

But I might order a pair of those PI Pro Aero gloves too. I just want the little added grip when my hands are sweaty, I don't need the padding. I use "cork" foam wrap on one bike, and Arundel Synth Gecko grippy rubber wrap on the other.