babyboomer

Bikes: Holland Exogrid Jet

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
That doesn't answer my question.....

I don't care what it did in the past, I want to know what it's doing now.

You might solve your issue quicker and cheaper by going to an LBS. Sure you can DIY it, but you might pay a higher price for that education. Right now, we can't even establish whether or not your battery has a charge, nor can you connect eTube project to your bike.

And did you ever look to see if the old version of eTube is on your machine? As I said, some people have had issues with the new version of eTube on Windows PC's.

If I were in your situation and wanted to DIY it, then I'd first get the issue resolved with the SM-BCR2. If you can't get to another Windows machine with it, then borrow someone else's SM-BCR2 and see if it works with your laptop.

I'd also go back to square one with the components. Get the Di2 dealers manuals that cover the installation of them and make sure it's all up to par. You can make it all function with out the SM-BCR2, but you won't do any re-assignments of buttons and stuff with out it.
Yes, the LED comes on when the SM-BCR2 is connected to the bike and a power source. In my case, that power source generates 5 volts at 2.1 amps.

I first noticed the connectivity issue between the e-tube software and the Di2 system while running version 3.4.5. I updated to version 4 hoping that it might be a remedy. It was not. So, connectivity is an issue regardless of which version of the software I use.

I'm not averse to visiting an LBS. These days, it takes weeks to get an appointment for service. I've already started that process. In the meantime, I thought I'd see what I could figure out. The Internet! Ain't it grand!