View Single Post
Old 05-10-21, 02:13 PM
Badger6
Obsessed with Eddington

Bikes: '16 Spesh Diverge, '14 Spesh Fatboy, '18 Spesh Epic, '18 Spesh SL6, '21 Spesh SL7, '21 Spesh Diverge...and maybe n+1?

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked 621 Times in 368 Posts
Originally Posted by babyboomer
In my opening comments, I said, "...nor do I get any response from the LEDs on the junction box when I depress the button underneath." I'm thinking that my best bet will be to reload the firmware. Currently, I can't do so because Windows doesn't seem to be detecting the linkage device (SM-BCR2). I've done it before, so I'm not sure what's wrong. I hope it's not something as simple as the USB cable that I'm using. I don't know whether it's the one that originally came with the SM-BCR2.

Also, I'll take a look at some of the links provided above.
If you need to reload the firmware (to the battery, since the "brain" of the system sits on the battery, or to any component, your RD could also have corrupted FW), and it sounds like that is what you need to do...you won't be able to do with the consumer grade SM-BCR2 PC Link that came with the bike. In fact, you won't really be able to do much of anything beyond program a functioning Di2...which for most people is good enough. But, to do a system recovery and reload the firmware onto the battery module, you need a SM-PCE02 and SM-PCE1, but at double the price of the SM-BCR2 (if you had to buy that), it's not something many folks with one Di2 equipped bike are willing to purchase. But, most reputable bike shops have them.

Before you go to ripping the whole system apart, confirm all of your cables are properly seated (clicked in), and take the bike to a shop and have them put it on the diagnostic link, I'm guessing that in less than 5 minutes all fo your issues will be resolved.